City Secretary's OfficeThe position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State Law. The City Secretary's Office is accountable for enhancing governmental excellence and transparency to serve the public, elected officials and city departments. The office strives to provide high quality service and deliver excellent customer service.
Texas Municipal Clerks Achievement of Excellence Award
The City of Grey Forest City Secretary's Office has been awarded the Texas Municipal Clerks Achievement of Excellence Award by the Texas Municipal Clerk's Association. The City of Grey Forest is one of 38 out of 783 cities to be recognized with this award. The Municipal Clerk's Office Achievement of Excellence Award was designed to recognize excellence in the effective and efficient management of resources in a municipal clerk’s office.
Miguel Cantu, TRMC
Assistant to the City Secretary
Public Information Act Request Form
The City Secretary's duties consists of:
- serving as the Elections administrator for the City;
- properly giving notice of and attending all official public meetings of the City Council;
- providing staff support to the City Council;
- preparing and distributing City Council agenda and support material;
- attending every meeting of the City Council and keeping accurate minutes of the proceedings of the City Council;
- administering oaths of office;
- managing publication of legal notices, such as notices of public hearings, requests for bids and notices of elections;
- serving as the Records Management Officer for the City;
- serving as custodian of all official records of the City Council, including agendas, minutes, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, deeds, etc., as well as agendas and minutes of the various Boards, Commissions and Committees of the City;
- managing, coordinating and processing all amendments to the City Code of Ordinances;
- serving as the primary resource from which a citizen can obtain public information under the Public Information Act;
- serving as the point of contact for citizens wishing to address concerns or complaints regarding City Services;
- serving as the official keeper of the City Seal, and issuing all proclamations and certificates on behalf of the City;
- accepting lawsuits and claims filed against the City;
- overseeing and managing all liability and property insurance coverage and claims for the City.